Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Page Kits - another packing idea

Raewyn so kindly posted the following on her blog:

FOR EACH PAGE KIT
Into a large zip lock bag or page protector, add the following...
1. your photo/s (one set per page protector/bag)
2. sketch or layout design based on the number and orientation of your photos
3. cardstock &/or patterned paper (remember to include any cardstock for matting )
4. add any embellishments to the page protector/bag (eg diecuts, ribbon, alpha stickers).
5. write some journalling notes on the layout sketch (or print this out prior to crop).
Note: rather than take heavy/bulky tools to a crop like say my circle punches, I punch the cardstock circles out and add them to the page kit.
As you are making your page kits have two sheets of notepaper & a pen handy,
on one sheet jot down any tools you will need to take to the crop (eg eyelet setting tools, coluzzle templates, paper piercer, stamp sets and ink etc).
on the other sheet jot down any supplies you need to buy for your page kits (eg blue buttons, black cardstock etc).
Why do I make page kits???
I prefer to pack lightly when going to a crop (whether it be a day crop, a weekend crop or even a couple of hours cropping at a friend's place) so now all I take with me is a full tool tote, a cutting matt, my folder of page kits, my snacks and my drinks.
Remember that space can be limited in the crop area and who can be bothered making countless trips back and forth from the car to bring in half your scrap room?! LOL
Making page kits doesn't mean your layout will end up being completed quicker than if you made it from scratch at home, (as you need to take into account the time taken for the pre-planning/page kit assembly process), but with some pre-planning you will be able to travel lighter to a crop and also you will be able to cut, glue and chat without losing your concentration (hence the need for a layout sketch).

Thanks Heaps Raewyn!

I think this might be the way I pack for this retreat.

No comments: